History of We Care
We Care began in a small room at Abundant Life Christian Center Church, providing food assistance to church members. It soon began helping others outside the church because of the growing needs.
In 2000, We Care was launched during a Family Fun Day. We Care joined other churches in the area for a day of fun and food. On that day 500 families were provided with 100 pounds of food each and 1800 hot meals were served to community participants.
We Care of the Four States was formed as a 501 (c) (3) organization in the year 2000. The food pantry was transformed into a grocery store allowing clients choices in the food they receive. We believe this method restores dignity and hope to those who are shopping for the needs of their family.
Ground was broken in 2006 for our present facility. Abundant Life Christian Center Church donated land to We Care of the Four States and a local businessman donated funds to build. Doors were opened in March, 2008.
At the present time, there are over 4000 clients in our database and We Care of the Four States serves approximately 50 families each week.